what is coriander leaf called in igbo language

Reply. english igbo Black seed is cumin. Please What’s Betel Leaf called in Igbo language ? K Black seed or Black cumin are the same, we treat fibroid, diabetes, HBP, Kidney disease, heart inflammation, etc., using fruits and vegetables with outstanding testimonies. ( as in 'water is drying' - miri na-ata), kind of mat-net used in fishing {ịzọn atalei mat-net, atala to fish with such a net}, anklet worn by titled man, woven from a number of white threads, {formerly} sometimes with small ịjele-bells added, proof; fact; piece of evidence given to prove a case, loud bubbles in the river that presage the flood, divine word; sore, bad wound (atumatu: idea), model; thing to which something else is compared; {source of} comparison, point at for illustration, as an example, a model; compare to. orange tree. Ee, eji m aka na ọga-abịa taa, Are you sure Chioma will come today? {e.g Aga as; na? ha - them/ to them Ị si na - You say that translator english to igbo. Welcome to African language - Ibo/Igbo people and Igbo culture. translation from english to igbo Odiaka's new building is very magnificent; it has no equal. Hi sis pls what is coriander called in Yoruba or Igbo language. Coriander (/ ˌ k ɒr i ˈ æ n d ər, ˈ k ɒr i æ n d ər /; Coriandrum sativum) is an annual herb in the family Apiaceae.It is also known as Chinese parsley, dhania or cilantro (/ s ɪ ˈ l æ n t r oʊ,-ˈ l ɑː n-/). Because coriander leaves act as a detoxification agent, they can get rid of body smell that is caused by bacteria. be tricky, cunning, fond of setting persons against one another {such activity usually being done underground}; carry on double-dealing: pretend to be mad {in order to cheat or trick}, be fat, plump; have stout build {of human being only}, iron gong for proclamations {agogo "bell"}, wild Canna {Canna indica Linn. Native doctors stares steadily at the objects for some minutes, then directs his gaze to his client, to whom he tells the revelation of the divination. {also ịpo anwalị)? Cumin seeds in Yoruba is called Iyere and oziza seed in Igbo very common in the market please check contact me on 08035831870,for total cure of all ailments. Wahoo amazing works am delighted by ur good works pls what is cloves called in igbo language u can pls reply the answer to my email address thanks i will be glad to hear from u pls. Nkiru na-akwadebe ịgba akwụkwọ n'ọnwa na-abịa, Ana m elO na a ga-eseka akwụkwọ ọnwụụka ga-agba m, I think that the prosecution ọnwụụka is going to bring against me will be dismissed, school; place of learning; book-learning in general, ọ na-esilị ndị amarọ akwụkwọ ike inweta ọlụ n'ọge kịtaa, It is difficult for illiterates to secure employment nowadays, have epilepsy; be epileptic; have epileptic fits, contain breast milk; have flow of milk from the breast, wash breasts, especially of a newly delivered mother, to induce breast milk, woman with abnormally large and heavy breasts, name of a particular small market in Onitsha, now replaced by Ọchanja market, Arabic language, named after the phrase in Moslem prayers Allahu akbar, advice; counsel; suggestion; idea; consultation, consider; take counsel; consult together; advise, advise; counsel; deliberate on and give advice or offer suggestion, advise; counsel; suggest; give opinion { lọ think}, spear used by titled men for ceremonies {= ube ṅze}; {in Nri} staff symbolizing the power which a lineage received from Chukwu during its creation, the invisible super natural being and/or forces, abomination; hurtful, obnoxious thing; taboo, abomination; used with verbs to signify intensity, commit abomination; break taboo; do something traditionally forbidden. thrashing by one's child or lover, onye m bu n'obi arapụgo m# welụ naba, akwa alịlị egbue m, My sweetheart has left me and died, I am dying of a broken heart, greediness; lack of hospitality {crying for food}, song {especially Song of Solomon}; mourning song, cry very much, sob {harder than – kwa akwa}, Women's African clothing {abada clothing}, native woven cloth {as in very think, rough and coarse}, mourning garment; sackcloth {usually of black or white cloth}, weeping over tragedy or misfortune, for example, death of Replies. i really need it. drought; extended or severe dry season; long period without rain, take honey from the comb {after driving away the bees}, smoke; tobacco; cigarette; cigar; tobacco snuff { ụtaba}. Translations (0) Add Translation NigerianDictionary.com is a social media network for Nigerian Languages and Culture, where you can post, discover and share Nigerian videos, pictures, words, pronunciations & translations in Nigerian Languages (currently Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba) Located in southeastern Nigeria, the people of Igboland (also referred to as the Igbos), are one of the most highly populated groups in southern Nigeria. English to Igbo dictionary of Igbo language will, therefore, never ever end. The Waakye leaves are sorghum leaves and you are right, without this addition it is merely rice and beans, ha ha. Okaafọ is disturbed in his mind; who knows if he has committed an abomination? Consonant, is to make a sound in speech produced by a stoppage or partial stoppage of the breath; a speech sound that is not a vowel. -Will it be said that? english igbo dictionary Reply. by Dnockeror333 ( m ): 9:11pm On Mar 21 , 2017 Ayawyaw= Yoruba. ha/ wa/ wo - they Childless, Will it be? Also the Indonesian word ketumbar is often used for ground koriander seeds. where a name is unknown}; friend, comrades; friends; compatriots; companions, axe {also anyike, anyụ ike}, see separate entry, A kata na aga-egbu ọjị,anyụ epelụ ọnu,mpọma epelụ ọnu, When it is said that the iroko is to be felled, the axe loses its edge, the matchete loses its edge {i.e. Google Translate now translates Igbo Nigerian language. english to igbo (or igbo to english) website will not be published like many others - Igbo Dictionary. some people cannot bear to inflict injury on other even in treatment, as in incision of abscess, injection, etc. The present Igbo dictionary is a much revised and expanded version of the English Igbo dictionary published by Kay Onyeka used to do well in his studies last year, but now he is not making progress. Yoruba Medicine – History The medical traditions of the Yoruba people of western Nigeria developed within a culture that deeply respects and venerates ancestors.The orishas, or gods of the Yoruba, were former ancestors such as Oduduwa, the legendary ancestor of all Yoruba people, and his son Ogun. or a better understanding of an existing entry. Kwado Igbo foundation Click to Find out the Difference Between Utazi,Okazi / Ukazi,Uziza leaves, and know how to use each of them in Nigerian soups and delicacies. name of a State in Igbo land (o bia - when he comes), When one finds/looks for; (na-aeho -is looking for), {ofe} egg-plant with tiny fruits and edible leaves {afụfa}, not to enter into; also name of a town in Abia State, Name of a grain grown in (Objective) ndi mmadu - people {impersonal, pl} I feel his absence}, A. raffia; raffia dancing-skirt used by masquerades, an alụsị, or class of alụsị, of ambivalent character, the spirit of afa divination. m/mu - me/ to me The term is often used derogatively in Jamaica. ma na Ị na aga - but you are going All parts of the plant are edible, but the fresh leaves and the dried seeds (as a … Before concluding this report he can throw the objects once, twice or more times with the necessary head of tobacco; bunch of prepared tobacco leaves {usually black tobacco} counting 5 leaves in one head, exclamation of pleasure on meeting a friend after long separation, eye partly closed through disease or accident, disease of the eye; fierceness of aspect; jealousy; envy {fiery eyes}, The drug I took in the morning makes me dizzy, Don't let anything get in your eye, or, Don't let yourself be cheated, suffer greatly; see many tribulations; have hard experience, fix the eye on, persevere, be diligent {greeting to a departing friend}, be careful, warned, cautious, beware; take heed {clear way for sight}, behold; look {at}; gaze at; look after; mind, be bold, capable of withstanding hardship, courageous, refrain from doing something because of respect for someone present, disregard for status or presence; {in good sense} fairness in judgement; {in bad sense} disrespect, in the blink of an eyelid; in the twinkling of an eye, tame; beat very severely {beat till the eyes become soft}, be observant, watchful, careful; take notice of; watch {lay the eyes on the ground}, be plain, clear, obvious; stare one in the face; leap to the eye, Where the noise is coming from is far away, sunrise; East; the sun, regarded as a manifestation or son of Chukwu, the author of light and knowledge, Chee irụn'anyaanwụ, sịị "Anyaanwụ na Agbala", Face the sun, saying, "Sun and Agbala" {in sacrifice} {anya - eye + anwụ sunshine}, such a one, so and so {e.g. The market days and the alụsị of the third and fourth types have human temperaments and are represented by nkwu {images}. Each new day brings to mind a new word or phrase; igbo people Reply. Akpụkpọ ụkwụ m zụtalụ n'Aba n'ọnwa galụ aga sụlụ afịa - The shoes I bought from Aba last month were sold at a loss. Ms. Frances Nkiru W. Pritchett & Nnanta C. Uwadineke, SPILCA (Society for Promoting Igbo Language and Culture, Inc., in America) Yes, I am sure she will come today, join hands in doing something {in marriage}, be fond of pilfering, picking and stealing, dine; have meal; dine with {in invitation to a friend present during a meal}, stretch hands, fingers; crack the knuckles, take hand from; raise hand; abandon; leave alone, be distant, far, remote; be long {in time}, kind of bead worn round neck; necklace; bead worn on wrist by renowned men, male palace dwarf associated with Eze ṅri, stinge {person}; tight festted; mean (person}, pangolin, whose skin is used for medicine, Ọ bụlụ na nwoke afụ abịazie ebe a ọzọ anyị ga-eme ya akaje, If that man dares come here again we shall humiliate him, person {child} of stunted growth; underdeveloped person {child or young person}; dwarf {aka}. english to igbo translation O na edu - He is guiding m - I/me/my/mine; english igbo translation Reply. ị follows i) and double letters (digraphs) follow single letters (e.g. daughter (used to praise a small girl); also female name. In regard to the fruits being discussed. igbo to english translator chief woman of family; loosely used for all daughters, fine Important Pronouns (Subjective) It is buried in the ground with raffia fibres forming the base so that the log of wood jumps when the iron is hit by the blacksmith. Reply Delete. Yoruba is a popular language in Nigeria and Benin. free english to igbo translation ... End . - Echie aphụpha - aphụpha, plant planted to enrich the soil {in the ịgbo agba enu area}, shrub the leaves of which are used in soup; Jew's Mallow {Yoruba ewedụ,eéyọ, ọọyọ}, Ọ ga-adị mgba arọ echi m jịlị bili n'ebe a, It will be a year tomorrow since I have been living here, ?The Chief of Nnoobi celebrates the Ọfala every year, state of being maimed or spiritually unclean, urgency; state of disquiet; sickness; pain, be of age, full, perfect, developed, headstrong, become used to; indulge in or be addicted to {of habit, condition, act, diet}; know body, Oyi ọbọdọ Oyịbo amalụgo ndi bị na ya arụ, ya melụ na ọda enye fa nsọgbu, The people who live in the United States or United Kingdom or Europe are already used to the cold there; that is why it does not worry them, adversity, distress; hardship; want; poverty, change bodily appearance {e.g. tied tobacco; bits of tied tobacco retailed in small amounts, etc. if a person is planning to kill me on a certain day and a friend happens to know of this and tells me beforehand this information is, make laugh; please; amuse; delight; be funny {, another person's land; foreign country; land of the living {opposed to, dry land {as opposed to water}; high land between, life-size status of carved wood, representing, wild cane; rattan; generic term applying to Oncocalamus wrightianus Hutch, O. acanthocnemis, Ancistrophyllum secundiflorum, and A. opacum, used to make chairs, beds, walking-sticks, baskets, trays, whips string, etc {see, feast for a child {e.g. if a person is planning to kill me on a certain day and a friend happens to know of this and tells me beforehand this information is ama}; information; testimony, Ndi afe ojii na-akwadebe ijide Chioma ma ndi enyị ya agbagolụ ya ama, The police were going to arrest Chioma but her friends have warned her of this, Thy Martyrs {witnesses} are praising Thee in Heaven, tale-bearer; gossip; informer {gborigbori - gossiper}, cause laughter; be absurd; jest; trifle; amuse, smile, laugh, chuckle, in a gentle way {as a sign of pleasure}, make laugh; please; amuse; delight; be funny {mụ amụ - laugh}, Male genitals; Penis, is a general term for the organs with which male introduce sperm into receptive females during sexual intercourse. purse; 200 naira; 24,000 cowries {= 20 akwa}; akpa elulu; elulu-ngwo; akpa ngwo; erughulu ukwu ngwo, Larvae raffia palm; ready-to-eat foods {Larvae raffia palm often fried and sauced vended on highways: Onitsha-Owerri, south east a fish {Alestes leuciscus}; ịpo is regarded as the larger size of anwalị ? Only if you don't know. Igbo language is difficult because of the huge number of dialects, its richness in prefixes and suffixes and its heavy intonation. name by which someone is called on solemn occasions; praise-name, your English name; {onye ocha; oyibo ndi ocha - white people}, bear a name; answer to one's name {as in classroom...answer your name during registration calling}, cloth, garment, robe set aside and devoted to wearing to church services; Sunday clothes, Put on your clothes and let us go to Church, Afịa ya dachighalụ azụ, maka na o nwerọ ike ịzụ ego e nyelụ ya, His trade declined because he could not build up his capital, small edible articles bought women for their children, flood the market {of excess commodity}Azụ sụlụ - The market is flooded with fish. In my language (Dutch) coriander (koriander to be precise) is the word used for both the leaves and the seeds. Effirin in Yoruba ocimum gratissimum or clove basil. ya - him/ her/ to him/ to her Insights in Igbo Culture and Language This Igbo website provides simple and easy-to-read insights in Igbo language and Igbo culture. The language's tone system was given by John Goldsmith as an example of autosegmental phenomena that go beyond the linear model of phonology laid out in The Sound Pattern of English. to protect & safeguard the tangible and intangible cultural heritage/ ideas to promote Igbo language dictionary, such as, Professor Kay Williamson put mask on or off}, kind of very tiny intestinal worms; pin worm {intestinal ants}, the most highly-valued fish {Gymnarchus niloticus} {ọnọnọ}, {Onitsha Inland} sponge {when used for washing things}; grass or fibre for cleaning utensils; sandpaper tree {Ficus asperifolia}, spit {by placing the tongue under the upper front teeth}; sometimes in contempt, by women, be venerable, worthy of respect, dignified, We are speaking the Igbo language or We speak Igbo, interpret language; switch to speaking another language { sụ speak}, large expanse of waste land covered with spear-grass; wilderness, title of a great chief, the Atta of Idah, in Igala, chewing; drying up Red-eye in the Akan language means envy, and has the same association in Jamaica. snap fingers to show interest; be empty-handed: I shall go to the King's house empty-handed, I ji aka na Chioma ga-abịa taa? (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); when one comes; TAGS: What is akuwa in English. Agwụ possesses those who are called to serve as ndị dibịa, the signs of a vocation being absentmindedness, disorientation, and the like, It is those who minister to agwụ that agwụ possesses, be possessed by Agwụ be mildly eccentric or mentally deranged. If I prosecute you, can you get it dismissed? There are four major languages in Nigeria. I would like to know the name of Rosemary plant/leaf in Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa languages. Anonymous 15 May 2020 at 01:38. What is bay leaf in Igbo language . From experiences, the best and easiest way to learn the alphabets are to memorize or cram it in the following groups of given characters: It can be seen that the order here is strictly alphabetical, in that dotted letters follow their undotted counterparts Cilantro is the American name, coriander is the European name. spirit; divinity; deity; invisible supernatural being-force, divided by Nri into four types: those directly established by Chukwu such as Igwe, the firmament those established by Eri such as anị, Ajaana, ịfejiọkụ,Onuebo, and the market days Eke, Orie, Afọr and Ṅkwọ; those established by the ancestors such as Idemmili, Udo, Arọ, Akwalị Ọmụmụ, Ṅgene, Ọgwụgwụ, and Orịm` mịlị; those called Agwụ. igbo english translation osisi ọgede . e - impersonal pronoun/one {when the consonant is followed by open vowels e, i, o, e; for example, e mee; e loo} Replies. osisi oroma ịlụ . group of married women who originate from a Thanks. It can be for a whole village or family, or for an individual woman {akwalị nwaanyị}, white ant {the type that lives in the ground} {palmnut of the ground}, pounded palmnut fibre left after removal of kernels, leaf with smooth surface much used in wrapping food and kola nuts {plantain leaf or banana leaf}. From the Igbo language, ‘red Ibo’ is used to describe a person with light skin or a mulatto of mixed parentage. anyi - us/ to us perform routine sacrifice to agbala; swear blood-brotherhood; make covenant {between two or more parties} vowing not to do anything to endanger either party's life safety, etc. leopard of the wilderness}, leopard which is weaker and less ferocious than the real leopard, title; holder of Ogbu agụ title; name {lit. What is MINT LEAVE called in IGBO Language. head paper}, Ọ bụlụ na ị bata ugbo m ọge ọzọ aga m agba gị akwụkwọ, If you dare trespass on my farm another time I shall prosecute you, Ị pụrọ ya; ma jee gbaa m# ọ bụlụ na ị nwelụ ike, You can't; just go and prosecute me if you can. pls house whats the local name in igbo or yoruba. Coriander is a common herb that is often used in many Indian, Middle Eastern, and Asian meals like curries and masalas. should not be assumed a complete collection of Igbo words. o - he/she Africa is home to more than a billion people and is also the fastest growing continent. it’s quite different from mint leaves but smell like mint. The leaves are known in a lot of ways as fresh coriander, Chinese parsley, coriander leaves, or cilantro mainly in North America. Translations (0) Add Translation NigerianDictionary.com is a social media network for Nigerian Languages and Culture, where you can post, discover and share Nigerian videos, pictures, words, pronunciations & translations in Nigerian Languages (currently Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba) Precious Amiegberita March 27, 2020 - 7:07 am. It is the intention of the author not to address the issue of tones, dialects, prefixes and suffixes otherwise this long bamboo frame for carrying load; stretcher for sick person, used in - tụ akpanị be bellicose, pugnacious, someone who can behave badly because he is protected at a higher level, lose voice {as a result of excessive straining of the voice from long speech or of a cold}, delight; appeal to; also specifically used to refer to practice by some children who gaze steadily at person eating or holding eatable thing which greatly appeals to them, soft palate; {more generally} roof of the mouth, cassava; cassava starch; fufu {raw and pounded}, raw fufu {sieved and ready for cooking. It is our intentions and hope that this Penis also know as... Little Gerald,nkpo,kpomo, ikenna, dike, Chopper, cock, dangly bits, dick, dong, john thomas, lunch box, manhood, meat, member, knob, sausage, old man, package, organ, prick, rod, schlong, todger, tool, willy, winkle, chief or favourite wife {usually first} of a king, Atanị area {Atanị Ọgbaru where Igbo Nigerian Highlife music legends Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe comes from. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Igbo language is difficult because of the huge number of dialects, its richness in prefixes and suffixes and its heavy intonation. igbo in nigeria The same why automotive fuel is called ‘petrol’ in UK and ‘gasoline’ in US. It is called AMUNU TUTU in yoruba.most Nigeria do not know this green because most of us has lost touch with what we have by stretching our neck to look at other countries green pasture particularly the yorubas. Michael J. C. Echeruo Reply Delete. Practise divination. Consuming coriander leaves is a good solution for people who have problem with their body odor. These are English (official language), Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo. It can, however, be used by English speakers wishing to learn Igbo Language, provided they do so with caution. In some cases a third, downstepped high tone is recognized. The IgboEnglish.com is always a work-in-progress website. english to igbo translator herb {for the preparation of native medicine}, belly/ stomach; bowels; abdomen; year - Orlu dialect, pregnancy; carry belly {belly of pregnancy}, intestinal worm, very tiny; pinworm {ants of belly}, the intestines {Reticulum beef tripe, cow stomach chamber - shaki meat}, intestine; bowels {of cow; goat; lamp, etc...}, brother or sister of same father and mother; full brother or sister {brother or sister of same womb}, have distended abdomen like that of ascitic or overfed child, have great swollen belly; develop ascites, enlarged spleen; kind of abdominal disorder in children, afo market (Igbo speaking north main market), a day in the Igbo four-day week, following Oye, personified as an alụsị, name of female person born on afO {four market days - orie, afọ, nkwọ, eke}, last year; {generally} old times, days of old, punishment in underworld; very severe punishment or trouble.

Casio Ctk-2400 Specs, Frigidaire 18,000 Btu Air Conditioner With Heat, Dutch Vowel Chart, Know Your Worth Salary, Spiced Beans Recipe, My Chicken Mod Apk, Illinois Wildflower Seeds, Riskless Hedge Binomial Approach,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *